Our company history can be traced back to 1991. Genvolt was formed from a management buy-out of Astec Very High Power from Astec Europe Ltd. The result was that General High Voltage was incorporated on 21st December 1991.
Genvolt can trace its roots to Brandenburg Ltd., a company which for several decades was almost synonymous with high voltage.
- 1985 Brandenburg International created by Brandenburg Ltd to design and manufacture high voltage power supplies of 3kW and above.
- 1988 Following the purchase of Brandenburg by Astec the organisation relocates to the Midlands as Astec VHP.
- 1991 A management buyout results in a new company: General High Voltage Ltd.
- 1999 General High Voltage moves to its current, larger premises and begins using the trading name Genvolt.
- 2003 Adoption of ISO 9001:2000 practices.
- 2008 General High Voltage acquires an adjacent property enabling expansion.
- 2011 Implemented ISO 9001:2008.