Role Profile – Trainee Sales Engineer
Genvolt does more than manufacture and supply high voltage power supplies around the world. As a company we are looking for people who can grow, think, and explore potential. Our culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination.
Genvolt is a growing company that looks for their team members to grow with it. As a company we offer a casual working environment, a culture that is both diverse and inclusive, and an electric atmosphere for professional development.
In essence the role will be to proactively promote Genvolt and to seek and secure suitable business in order to increase sustainable turnover and profitability.
As a Trainee Sales Engineer you will source new customers and engage with them, implement an overall business strategy by increasing market share and securing new customers through the promotion of key products and services.
To do this, you will be required to develop a network of professional contacts within the industry, enabling you to secure customer information and determine their requirements.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
• Be the driving force behind generating new sales leads and industry contacts.
• Establish, new and then maintain relationships with customers.
• Manage and interpret customer requirements.
• Deal with the interpretation of customer enquiries and raise quotations.
• Persuade clients that a product or service will best satisfy their needs.
• Calculate client quotations.
• Provide pre and post sales technical assistance and product education.
• Close sales and provide customer support.
• UK and some foreign travel may be required.
Knowledge & Experience:
• Preferably an electronics degree, although an electrical engineering degree or HNC qualification will be considered.
• Aptitude for working in a technical sales environment with an electronics bias.
• Excellent communication and presentation skills.
• Good commercial awareness.
• Organisational skills with an analytical approach.
• Strong electronics awareness.
• Highly motivated and driven.
• Results orientated.
• Forward thinking.
• Ability to communicate at all levels.
Genvolt is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.