Genvolt Job Vacancies July 2020
Role: Sales Engineer
Full time permanent
Genvolt design, develop and manufacture a wide range of high voltage power supplies. Our quality standard conforms to ISO9001:2015. With output voltages starting from a few hundred volts and extending to over three hundred kilovolts and power levels stretching from a few watts to over 50kW.
Alongside our standard products, you will find Genvolt’s expertise in providing tailor-made designs where off-the-shelf products are unsuitable. Our product mix varies greatly, from photomultipliers requiring high stability and millivolt ripple to large electron beam welding machines requiring very low stored energy and fast response times.
Applications for Genvolt equipment are equally diverse, you can find our power supplies in analytical and x-ray equipment, alongside industrial, military, capacitor chargers and laboratory use. We are particularly interested in growing our ESP power supplies and electrospinning equipment on a more global scale.
Genvolt are looking to achieve a more global presence, with sustainable global business relationships.
Success will be attributed to the creation and development of new customer relationships and will only be achieved by the drive and enthusiasm to realise increased market share.
We are looking for a highly motivated individual to drive forward our high voltage power supplies, into the global market.
In essence the role will be to proactively promote Genvolt and to seek and secure suitable business in order to increase sustainable turnover and profitability.
As a Sales Engineer you will source new customers and engage with them, implement an overall business strategy by increasing market share and securing new customers through the promotion of key products and services.
To do this, you will be required to develop a network of professional contacts within the industry, enabling you to secure customer information and determine their requirements.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
• Be the driving force behind generating new sales leads and industry contacts.
• Establish, new and then maintain relationships with customers.
• Manage and interpret customer requirements.
• Persuade clients that a product or service will best satisfy their needs.
• Calculate client quotations.
• Provide pre and post sales technical assistance and product education.
• Close sales and provide customer support.
Knowledge & Experience should include:
• Preferably with an electronics degree, although an electrical engineering degree or HNC qualification will be considered. Additionally, we would accept someone with good industry experience in a similar role, but they would need to prove their knowledge at a technical interview.
• Demonstrable experience of working in a technical sales environment with an electronics bias.
• Proven customer account management experience.
• Excellent communication and presentation skills, with proven ability to work with and converse with individuals at all levels.
• Good commercial awareness.
• Organisational skills with an analytical approach.
• Multi-lingual skills would be a distinct advantage.
• Strong electronics awareness.
• Highly motivated and driven.
• Results orientated.
• Forward thinking.
• Ability to communicate at all levels.
The successful candidate will have to allow for UK and some foreign travel. It is important that this is not an issue, as it will be essential to the success of the role.
• Casual Dress
• Company Pension
• On-site Parking
• Private Dental Insurance
• Private Medical Insurance
• Sick Pay
Monday to Friday
Work: 4 years (Preferred)
We have carried out a risk assessment specifically for Covid-19 and have place restrictions and new rules and regulations to enable a safe working environment for all staff members.
To apply for this exciting opportunity, forward your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org . We are committed to ensuring that all job applicants are treated equally and not discriminated against on the grounds of sex, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability, age or pregnancy/maternity.
Previous applicants need not apply.
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES
All applications will be processed in accordance with GDPR regulations and will not be shared with any third party or retained following this recruitment process without prior permission from the individual.